Hello Everyone! I have been hard at work on developing Crumbling World and would like to update you on the project’s progress. While working on creating levels that were procedurally generated, I realized that the orthographic camera angle I was using was causing some issues. Orthographic angles are great, but they don’t do a good job of accounting for distances. This means that all elements within Crumbling World were starting to look the same, regardless of their distance.

I really like the isometric point of view that this camera angle allows for, but it has led to some challenges. Luckily, I’ve found some different techniques to spice up the game’s visuals.